Friday, April 9, 2010

Doing A Little East Coast Swing...

Just got back from a great trip to Philly wherein I somehow refrained from a) eating a cheese-steak and b) talking about Donovan McNabb. And believe me, as a Dallas Cowboys fan, I wanted to discuss it with every single person I saw. The guy at the airport who got the cabs, the cab driver, the hotel bellman, the check-in guy, the room service guy. I wanted to say things like, "Hey, don't worry about getting the door. I can just McNabb it myself" or "I'm just gonna order the potato skins…and maybe some REDSKINS?" But I didn't say a single word. Not a one. That's not true, actually. But I was kind about it…Sort of.

Anyway, the trip was wonderful as was the trip to Indianapolis the day before. I had fun on the "Bob and Tom Show" and got to meet up with a really great woman whom I've worked with on-air for years, (she drove in from Ft. Wayne!) Plus, of course got to do some fun TV press for the book!

I realized I was getting exhausted and/or sick near the end, however, when I started crying over every single, little event. I kept a list and here it goes:

Cecily cried when…

1) There wasn't a Starbucks in the terminal
2) Big Mike was saved on "American Idol"
3) She saw how bad her hair looked on one of the talk shows…
4) No one would discuss Donavan McNabb with her
5) The sun set.
6) She passed the bar ("Smokes") where she used to hang when visiting her good friend Debbie in college. (That very same bar served her blue drinks which later caused her to throw up in a White Castle prompting an older gentleman to ask, "What you been drinking tonight? You ain't drinking no beer. What you been drinking? Mad Dog?" True story.)
7) The sun rose.

Just a tad tired…but still, all is good! And the "She's Crazy, He's a Liar" book tour continues…

Just to make me feel better, please comment or email me the 'craziest' thing you cried over. Remember, I cried once when I heard the song 'Gold Digger' by Kanye West.

2 comments:

  1. Well first of all...I ALSO cried when Big Mike was saved on American Idol. Because lets be serious...he is a GOOD man...a GOOD GOOD man.

    Now that aside. I once cried at a Costco because I couldn't get the 32 bonus plus pack of tupperware that caught my eye. My husband (boyfriend at the time) told me 'no,' that we didn't need it...I proceeded to throw an all-out toddler-like temper tantrum in Costco which forced us to leave (obviously). Once inside the car, the tupperware/toddler/tantrum escalated with such a force that I accidentally (or was it?) kicked my boyfriend's windshield from inside the car and cracked it into a million little pieces.

    So yes...you are not alone in your random moments of crying. They happen to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the American Idol judges were high-fiving each other at the end of the show after they saved Big Mike. I guess they couldn't say "yea me" or pat themselves on the backs.

    ReplyDelete