Monday, January 25, 2010

She’s Crazy, He’s a Liar…and I’m Cool with That

I’m Cecily and I’m a drama-queen. I’m impossible to break-up with and even harder to get off the phone. I’m loyal to a fault and although I’m a “pleaser”, I’ve been told I’m also a contrarian. I worry constantly, but will laugh hard when I think something’s funny (and it doesn’t even have to be alternative “edge”.) I’m obsessed with dogs, the Dallas Cowboys and England. These are things I know to be true. The rest, I’m just figuring out as I go along and I started this blog to share my findings and my experiences with one of my biggest crosses to bear: the dating world.

Now I should disclose that a few years ago, my friend Stefanie got me a baby-tee that read, “I don’t care about your blog”. I used to wear it proudly to the Coffee Bean near my apartment and would mostly get stares from annoyed bloggers, one of them being Perez Hilton. No one ever said anything, but I suppose my declaration was a bit off-putting to people who were just trying to tell their story; (or maybe it was because the t-shirt was sleeveless and way too tight?) But having given it some thought, I realize we can all learn something from each other’s stories, even if it is just a blog about cooking your way through the directions on the back of a “Hungry Man” TV dinner. (Note to self: Not a bad idea for a blog).

I wrote She’s Crazy, He’s a Liar, Now What? as a way to move on from the name-calling. Yeah okay, I’ve been called “psycho” and “nut-job”. And yes, admittedly, I’ve called others way worse. I’ve drunk-dialed, stalked, obsessed, ruminated and cried over so many men that I decided it was about time to just accept it and move on. There are doors I wish I hadn’t blocked, actors I wish I hadn’t made out with and tequila I regret shooting. But I did those things and I’ll bet a lot you out there have too. But the things we’ve done or the people we’ve dated thankfully don’t have to define us. We can learn from each choice and try to choose better as we move forward. Or…not…and that’s okay too, because really…we’re all a little crazy. It’s a matter of how our “crazies” match up that predicts if we’ll ultimately get along…(well, that and our tolerance for alcohol).

Readers, I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to email questions or just say hi to: Shescrazyhesaliar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment