Monday, April 19, 2010

The Type of Girl Who...

As the deadline for the "Worst Date Ever" contest gets closer, I thought it was time to share one of my worst dating experiences. Had actually gone out with a guy a handful of times (let's say five) and we did all the "normal" things daters do. Dinner and a movie here, cocktails there, a few make-out sessions in his car, blah, blah, blah. It all seemed to be going well, so you might be as surprised as I was to hear that at the end of one of our lovely nights together, he said the following:

"Listen, Cec. Can I call you Cec?" (Not if you're about to say something lame, you can't.) Listen, so I've been dating this other woman at the same time as you (which was fine, seeing as how we were far from exclusive) and the thing is…Cec…Cester…Ceciloniky, that she's more the kind of girl, ya know, who you take home to meet Mom."

I suppose off my look of discomfort, he followed that up with, "Wait, that didn't sound right. What I mean is…she's the type of girl you have a relationship with and you're more like Ms. Funny pants." (I kid you not…he called me Ms. Funny pants. At least I wasn't Miss Funny Pants or Mademoiselle Funny Pants. It gets worse.) You know, like she's the type of woman who might leave a toothbrush at your house, but you…like you're just not that kind of person." What? Ms. Funny Pants doesn't leave toothbrushes? "Like, okay, ya see she's the woman who'd be like a real active PTA Mom and you…you're just…ya know, Cec." That's Ms. Cec Funny Pants to you, sir.

It went on and on and continued to get worse until I finally, thankfully, got out of the car. I don't know whatever happened in his relationship with that non-funny-pants wearing woman, but I do know that the guy sent me a friend request on Facebook recently. I guess he was sick of seeing toothbrushes laying around his apartment.

Make sure to enter our "Dating Disaster" contest on www.shescrazyhesaliar.com. You could win a $500 shopping spree to Victoria Secret, which might just make that bad date well worth it. Also, feel free to email me with comments, questions and even concerns to Shescrazyhesaliar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment