Friday, April 23, 2010

Moms, Boundaries and Hollywood Actors

Let me set this up for you. A few years ago, my Mom was on vacation in New York and saw Chris Noth (AKA Mr. Big) at a restaurant. As someone with little to no (okay absolutely no) boundaries, she went over to his table, sat down and told him she just "lovvvvvvvved Mr. Big" but that he should "stop treating Carrie so wishy-washy." Why he didn't call security is beyond me, but alas.

So cut to a few years later and my Mom has joined a Dallas film society which hosts advanced screenings of movies, followed by receptions with director/producer/actors. Some film came through and after flitting about the after-party, she settles upon actor Josh Lucas. Mind you, I thankfully wasn't there, but she relayed the play-by-play that I will now share.

Mom: "You were just precious in the movie."
Josh Lucas: "Thank you!"
Mom: "You have just the prettiest blue eyes! I bet people tell you that all the time."
Josh Lucas: "Oh sometimes…ya know…"
Mom: "You must have girls just hanging on your every word."
Josh Lucas: "Well, I…"
Mom: "My daughter is an actress in Los Angeles." (Note: not true)
Josh Lucas: "Oh?"
Mom: "Yes…and she's single. You should call her."
Josh Lucas: "Um..I…errr…"
Mom (starts digging around in her purse for her cell phone) "Let me just find her phone number for you." (Finds number and starts to write it down.)
Josh Lucas: "I'm not really a phone guy."
Mom: "Okay, well then let me give you her email." (She writes down my email.) "You better call her honeybuns. She's a catch."
Josh Lucas: "Will do."

My Mom then calls me later that night to tell me to "expect an email from Josh Lucas." I, mortified, tell her that's not going to happen and we wager a two hundred dollar bet.

For the follow-up to what happened with this insane exchange, tune in Monday!
Do you have similar stories of boundary-free parents or other insanity? Email them to me!

1 comment:

  1. Josh Lucas sounds like a very patient guy? I hope he calls you.

    ReplyDelete